Here we are already over a
week into January (almost two!), and I’m just writing my “first blog of the
year.” I say that only because the others that I’ve published in the last week
were all about 2019…..but hey, I *think* I may be able to do this blogging
thing more consistently this year. I know, I know, I always say that. I guess
we’ll see what happens!
2020 -- man, I can’t
believe it’s already been 20 years since everyone was freaking out about Y2K
and all that jazz. As a ten year old I remember wondering why it was such a
huge deal. I still have no idea, other than everyone thought for sure we were
all going to die.
I’m making 2020 about me.
It may seem selfish, but for a lot of years now I’ve given myself to other
things -- people, causes, organizations -- and all for a good reason. But I’m
learning and recognizing how to take care of ME. I guess I’m just in a weird
stage of life, and I’m not sure when people tend to go through it because I see
it in people younger than me, older than me, and every age between!
Someone though told me the
other day when we were talking about resolutions and goals, “Self care is not
being selfish.” That hit home and got me to thinking that it was true — wanting
to make me the best version of me possible isn’t being selfish at all.
So, for this year, for ME,
I’m going to do a few things:
- More exercise,
- practice mindfulness,
- more
reading,
- more
knitting,
- more blogging,
and
- more
photoventuring!
I’ve really kinda put aside
the things that I love doing -- knitting and spinning, crafting, going for
awesome photoventures, and reading. You would be surprised at how easy it has
been to plop in front of the tv for a few hours rather than go to bed earlier
in the evening and read. I’ve also been struggling to get up in the morning, so
something’s gotta change!

No comments:
Post a Comment