So I love Tracy Byrd (he's a 90s country artist), and some of his songs are my absolute favorite. So, when I saw that he was going to be playing at the Tillamook County Fair in Oregon....in August.....after orientation season when I could take time off....I made a plan to go!
I did some research and found a house to rent that was only 30 minutes away from where the concert would be, but within walking distance to a beach. Of course, I was absolutely sold by this time! I also knew when the Clark County Fair was, so I made some plans to visit there on my way to the beach too. I had a great time visiting with everyone, and even had some friends join me at the beach, because why wouldn't I?
Here's what my week looked like:
Days 1 and 2: I traveled to Vancouver via White Pass -- something I hadn't done before. It was SO beautiful and it's my goal to go back up there this summer for some photography. On my way down I5 I stopped to visit with my friend Tina, who worked at the Extension Office at the same time I did. It was great to catch up with her and see her gorgeous place. Then I continued on down the line. I landed in time to do some visiting, and watch the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band concert that first night.
It's great to have friends in the right places, because I was able to work in the Dairy Women's booth for a couple of hours to earn my way into the fair one day, which meant I only had to buy a ticket for one day. Working in the booth was fun, but I definitely won't become a milkshake making expert any time soon! The second night's concert was Randy Houser -- both concerts were great! And I got to catch up with friends, so who could want more?
Days 3-5: The next few days were spent at the beach with the Anderson family. I met Heather while working at the Extension Office, and at the time her kiddos were young (insert crying emoji here!), so of course we connected. Well, I'd taken their family photos once before, and we joked before I moved from the area that I would be back to take some senior photos in a few years. With being in the area for a week, I knew this would be the best time to connect for those photos, so we did family and SENIOR photos at the beach. Y'all, the only better place for senior/family photos from the farm is the beach.....so gorgeous, and we caught the sunlight just right each day. Those days at the beach were great.....they included walks in the sand, playing in the water, making sure I had sunscreen on, exploring the town of Rockaway Beach, and just enjoying each other's company. The Andersons taught me how to play an Oregon Trail game they had found, and let me tell you, it was brutal! But hey, I won at least once lol. Somewhere in there I went to see Tracy Byrd and explore the Tillamook County Fair. I would definitely go back!
Day 6: Eventually I had to leave, but not before I spent some time at the beach with my camera just soaking up the views. I was at the beach around 7 that morning, and let me tell ya, it was empty so I was able to get some good shots. I made the long trek home, and somehow avoided the majority of Portland's traffic!
So, my beach trip started as a way to see a concert, but it ended as a reminder of how much I love the beach. My new goal is to go every year, or every other year for at least a few days just to relax. It did my soul a world of good.
No comments:
Post a Comment