Day 1 with students went fine. I do have one problem class, but with a seating chart things should end up okay. We'll see tomorrow when the nitty gritty stuff begins. Yesterday was lots of get to know you type of stuff, just to help me see what the kids are like. Day 2 was pretty good as far as behavior. Today we spent setting up their math notebooks, the front being the main section, and the back flipped over being their math dictionary. The day felt rushed because I didn't have copies ready so spent the morning getting done what I could, and then the rest at lunch.
Most of my students seem like they'll be pretty good to work with. I have one student who came by my room Monday night during Open House and introduced himself. Yesterday he came bobbing into the classroom, "Hi Ms. George!" and today he handed me a bag of cookies. Too funny. That one class is still rowdy, and definitely requires some strategic seating and a firm hand. Doing my best to keep up with them for now, and I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.
While I've been teaching school, and beginning to earn my $33,000, all my 4-H kids have been decorating, washing, weighing, clipping and calculating for cost sheets. I feel so left out of the loop this year, much more so than last because I'm twice as far away and can't leave school until after classes Friday. The worst part is that no one is sending me pictures....much like in February I feel lost, only difference is that this time I'm 90 miles away rather than over 2,000. I'm wearing my cowboy boots to school Friday, so that should make things a little better :)
To do list pad from one of my fellow teachers :)
HUGE bag filled with teacher-ish things!
My very own teacher bag!
Fair on Friday! Can't wait!!


No comments:
Post a Comment