Sunday, February 5, 2012

And this is why I do what I do....

Just a couple weeks ago I was so frustrated that I was questioning why I was still in the 4-H game as a leader. But every time I get in my car I remember, as I look at Wilbur the pig who hangs in my rearview mirror reminds me that Grace, and Taylor, and Scottie, and all the pig kids I work with each summer are exactly why I do this. Today I was reminded again, with the simple gesture of two girls bringing flowers and a card for me to our meeting. In it they both thanked me for helping them with things thus far, but one of them thanked me specifically for pushing her and believing in her. That again, is exactly why I do what I do.
It was just a few (okay, a couple few) years ago that I was thanking people myself, for pushing me and believing in me. It's such a wonderful feeling to have a young lady say it to me, because I know what a difference it can make in her life, just as it has in mine.
Thank you girls for the reminder :)

No comments:

Post a Comment