Thursday, February 23, 2012

Out and About!

Part 1 -
Yesterday we went exploring around town, hearing for the first time an example of a nightview tour. It was great for us to experience what we're going to do :)
Extra bonus when we got back to the office, some of my license application paperwork didn't go through, but everyone else's did. So I got to deal with a lady who was quite short with me, but I dealt with her pretty well actually, if I do say so myself.
Here are a few pictures from our adventures yesterday...I'll add more tonight to this same post about today!

Here's the true front of the White House. The side we all recognize is actually the back, surrounded by the Ellipse, also known as the President's Backyard.

The Washington Monument! Construction for it began in 1848, stopped in 1856 because of a lack of funds, and then construction began again to finish it in 1876, and was completed in 1884. Hence, the two distinct colors of brick.

The Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial is so new to the monuments/memorials that I don't know much about it, other than the document in his hand is the "I Have A Dream" speech, which he wrote in the Willard Intercontinental Hotel.



No comments:

Post a Comment