Another weekend down...yesterday we went on a Trolley Tour, and spent most of the day out and about. Megan needed to get her computer fixed, so we went with her to drop it off at Best Buy, and then headed out from there. It was a great day exploring and listening to other tour guides and what they talk about. We got off (it's a hop on/off tour kind of thing) in Georgetown, and found the Old Stone House, which is the oldest building in the district, dating back to pre-Revolutionary War. It was crazy just to see how small things were, and think about how hard it must have been to be 6'4" and living in a house that had ceilings barely taller than I am. Insane to imagine for me. Then we ate lunch at Johnny Rocket's, followed by getting back on the trolley and going back to start, haha, unfortunately no $200...We shopped at the visitor's center, as we had to pick up maps for our scavenger hunt, then made our way back to the Center. Studied some more, helped make dinner, ate and studied more.
Today was much more relaxed, as two of the girls went to church early, and then Megan went a little later. Got to sleep in, eat leisurely breakfast, then study and do practically nothing until lunch, then we trucked it to Bethesda, which is a town nearby. Cute place, city is probably the most fitting description, but it has a great downtown area, with fun shops and whatnot, and a branch of the DC Cupcakes store, which is quite popular everywhere, and especially in Georgetown at the original store. It was fun to just walk around and explore...made my first trip into a Trader Joe's, and then we explored more to find a more generic, less expensive grocery store, and near it is Uncle Julio's, which is apparently a popular Mexican restaurant in Texas because Kassey got incredibly excited. I can't wait to be able to spend a day there just exploring and going in shops to see what they're like. Then we hiked it back home, but we found a shortcut, so we were excited for that.
Sunday nights in Warren Hall are "family dinner" nights, so everyone contributes a dish to the table for dinner. It was fun, and there were lots of jokes and laughs. Then Kassey and I, she's such a slave driver, monkeys, got down to business and studied some more! She, Amber and Megan take the tour guide licensing test tomorrow, while I get to wait until my paperwork goes through. I hate waiting, I'm not patient when it comes to stuff like this, and I really want to just get it overwith since I can recite crazy things to myself right now, like all of the buildings in the NE, SE and SW quadrants of the city on our list. There are only 12 of them, but the NW quad has 20 on the list, so it was much easier to memorize 12 and use process of elimination for the 20, at least that's what we decided. We also, between yesterday and today, put up a timeline, a number block (impertinent numbers, ex., 6 sides on the Octagon House, 624 acres in Arlington), important people, and importanter people (architects/designers). I'm hoping it will help us all, even if not just for our tests, but for commentaries and whatnot too.
Our amazing timeline....I s-curved it, and Kassey didn't follow at first, so we had to include arrows for her, haha. She is one of the best study partners I've ever had!
No comments:
Post a Comment