Yesterday we went to see President Lincoln's Cottage, which is a neat place because it's just outside DC, and is the house where three presidents before Lincoln used it as a family getaway place. Lincoln and his family are the ones who made it famous because they spent 25% of his presidency there, mostly in the hot summer months when the swamp in front of the White House was too unbearable to smell.
Wilbur the Pig rides again! Haha, you can barely see him, but he's up there on top of Lincoln's horse in front of the cottage.
Today I'm not sure what we're doing this morning, but eventually I'll be dropped off at the National 4-H Conference Center! I'm rooming with Kassey, another of the WOW interns. She emailed me last night to let me, so that was nice :) I've never had a roommate other than my brother before, so this might be interesting, but I'm sure we'll work something out.
More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment