When I got to the Center on Sunday, Kassey was already here and basically unpacked and all set up. Turns out this is not her first internship, and she knew what she was doing when coming here. I spent the rest of Sunday unpacking, getting settled in, and getting to know Kassey, Megan and Amber.
Monday, first day of work, went really well. My brain hurt at the end of the day from info overload, but that's all part of the game. We will primarily be working with Maria and Kirby, as our supervisors, but we will also work with the Conference Service Managers (CSM's), who help to plan the WOW trips for groups. As part of the first day stuff, we were shown our desks, with cool name plates :) as well as our computers, work email. We also wrote our own goals for the time we are going to be PA's, as a PA in DC, as well as for furthering our careers. Next we had a tour of the Center campus, followed by lunch at the Clover Cafe! Then we talked about different learning and presentation styles, and did one of the workshops we will probably need to facilitate, which was good because it was the History Bowl, aka jeopardy, and helped us study for our test some. Lastly, we took a practice test, that we all miserably failed, it was not pretty...
Today Amber presented her workshop, giving us an example of how to do it with a group. Then we met other people in the offices on the same floor as we will be on, as well as the CSM's, and it was great to have the opportunity to talk with them about their expectations for us when preparing for a group. Then! We met with the VP/GM of the Center, and had lunch with the CEO of 4-H! It was a great experience talking with him, and I loved that he wanted to hear our opinions so much. We then had the opportunity to speak in front of all the 4-H Council Associates, introducing ourselves to those we will be working with for the next few months. Then we worked on bios for the website to put up with our pictures, that Maria took in the morning, and shared our mission statements with each other. We wrapped the day up with a personality "test" and discussion, which was fun because it was different from any other that I've done, and I found that I'm perfectly balanced between a driver, energizer, harmonizer and analyzer....interesting concept, but so true because there were pieces in each category that I could see in myself and the way I interact with other people I'm working with.
Pics tomorrow because we're headed out into the city!
No comments:
Post a Comment