At noon Little Big Town, a country band, played on one of the stages, so Kassey, Megan, Amber and I caught that concert. Kassey and I stayed the entire time, while Megan and Amber were in and out. I absolutely loved it for that hour I was there, they played some old stuff, and new stuff that's on the radio now but I don't hear because I'm without a radio. Then they did some bluegrass songs with picking and everything, and they even did a great cover of a Lady Gaga song. It was a fantastic concert even for just an hour, and then time for lunch.
I did a little bit of wandering every now and then hung out at our area for most of the day so that the rest of our group could wander and go to other concerts. Amber and I ventured to the other side of the Infield for a couple of the races and got up close to the fence, it was especially exciting when the race was on the turf rather than the dirt! Super close and exciting, hooves pounding, pretty awesome. I alternated taking pictures with video when I could because they go by so quickly and don't come back. The big Preakness race was number 12, and not until after 6, so most of the day was spent sitting and waiting, and attempting not to get sunburnt. An attempt that didn't work too well in the end, but it was worth it in the end. It was over in a flash, and some 6 foot tall guy got in our way, and moved at the most inopportune moment to get in the way of my videoing of the race, so I ended up with no pictures or video of the Preakness, but both from the races before. We left right after Preakness, as soon as Kassey and Amber cashed out from their bets, and then we all practically fell into bed when we got back, haha.
On the drive to Preakness, Kassey was being a complete goof, like normal.
Us girls with our spiffy hats and everything :) Megan, me, Amber and Kassey
All five of us, Kassey, Amber, Chris who drove us to Preakness, Megan and me
One section of their grandstands
During our first adventure around the grounds we caught the tail end of a race, including a cool down.
Little Big Town!
Little Big Town!!
All four of the leads of Little Big Town!
Megan, Kassey and I at the Little Big Town concert :)
Race!
Race! Blurry jockeys....
It's a quick 2 seconds that they passed by us, and I'm lucky to have caught them!
Kassey and all her bets on the big race.
Wilbur at the Preakness!!
Preakness program and my bet ticket.
Starting gate for the Preakness race!! That was the best picture I could get, and the only one I ended up getting of the big race.

Way cool!! I think I told you this already, but Nick and I were in Virgina Beach that weekend (2009), so we watched it on tv from the hotel room. Hehe.
ReplyDeleteOh and...you should totally listen to WMZQ online - it's the local country station and it's way awesome!! Sometimes I still listen to them online even though I'm not living anywhere close to their broadcast area. :)
It was way cool!! I have listened to WMZQ a couple times, and love their commercial free Tuesdays, but (luckily) I won't be in the office enough now to worry about it :)
ReplyDelete