Saturday, May 12, 2012

Just another week...down!

     Well, it was just another week in the WOW world. Amber and I had a group come in on Sunday, and we started our crazy week from there. It really was a crazy week, with all sorts of changes to the schedule and chaperones who didn't really care and thought it was their vacation time, but we won't go into those details. Highlights of the week include crossing off more Smithsonians, the Newseum, a record-making baseball game, and the postal museum.

Wilbur at Arlington

Amber and I at the Smithsonian Castle garden

Me playing in art at the Hirshhorn Museum :)

Wilbur at the Newseum balcony, visiting the Canadian embassy and the Capitol at the same time

Berlin Wall at the Newseum

Orioles vs. Rangers game

Postal Museum

     Our group left Thursday morning and went to Mount Vernon without us so they could continue on to Monticello, Jefferson's home, without backtracking to drop us off. Then we worked in the office for a little while, and followed it with a trip to Cheesecake factory for birthday lunch. I didn't have lasagna because I knew that Chef was making pasta for dinner, so I wasn't worried about that. The bbq pork sandwich I had was fantastic, and then we got cheesecake! I got an Oreo slice, and it was much richer than I thought it would be. Other than that it was just an ordinary birthday, fighting off texts and Facebook messages like crazy, but they all made my day. Best part had to be in passing two roommates, "Happy birthday!" from one, and then "I wanted to say it first!" from the other. Definitely made the morning start off right :)

My Oreo cheesecake :)

     Friday was pretty relaxed, sleeping in, going to the office for a few hours, and then all four PAs going to a performance of "Taming of the Shrew." We scored college night $10 tickets at the Folger Shakespeare Theater, and it was a fantastic evening full of laughs which I think we all needed coming off of a week of groups.

The Library of Congress fountains were on when we went by!

The Folger Shakespeare Theater stage

The four of us at intermission at the play; Amber, Megan, me, and Kassey

Kassey, Amber and Megan imitating the statue outside of the theater

     Today Amber, Kassey and I took the new CWF PAs who arrived last night and traveled to Europe. It was a great day and we started at Belgium with waffles! That was followed by Finland, the United Kingdom, Italy, the Netherlands and Ireland. What a trip! But it was glorious trip :)

Kassey, me and Amber at the Belgium embassy. 

Finland!

Amber and Kassey eating fish at Finland. Kassey doesn't usually eat fish... 

The back of United Kingdom's embassy. 

Italy!

A tulip vase at the Netherlands. 

The Netherlands dining room. 

Clog dancing at Ireland. 

Greece's building, but we didn't go in because the line was incredibly long and terribly slow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment