I went to town last week to stock up on groceries and get fence posts for Dad. As you can imagine, we spent the weekend building fence.
And then TODAY he says I have to stock up on ammo the next time I'm in town to prepare for the "apocalypse." I mean, this after just last week when I went to town and he said he had plenty of ammo stocked and could make more.....I swear this man will put me in an early grave! I mean, if Mom doesn't for stealing my daffodils first....
In other news, my routine is completely off and I know it's not a good thing. The beauty of working from home is that I can set my own schedule. The "beast" of working from home is that my body became a night owl thanks to grad school, so it's been a struggle. As you can tell from the time stamp of tonight's post, the night owl is out in full force. Seriously, I turned off the TV at 8:30pm after deciding I would go read in bed, and instead convinced myself to pull out my work laptop and I actually got some stuff done! That was until just after 10, and now I'm writing this update.
I miss my students SO much! I am an introverted extrovert, and need people interaction (sorry Mom and Dad, you're great, but only seeing you two every day is starting to get to me and we're not anywhere close to done yet). Good news though, I'm going to start hosting a "Virtual Coffee Hour" for my students and faculty once a week so that will help. I also have some meetings a couple of times a week, so that is helpful too.
Central is going completely online for the quarter, and based on the email our university president sent last week, I'm not sure when I'll be able to return to my office. I'm not sure yet how we'll celebrate with our seniors because Commencement was canceled - not postponed, but canceled. I'm not sure how I'll support some of my students because they don't check their emails 😣BUT, there's a Board of Trustees meeting tomorrow, so we'll see what comes of that.
Fred wanted petted....and when I sat down he literally turned a circle between my legs (ya know, like dogs do in their beds) and laid down. My fingers started hurting I rubbed him so much!
A little self pampering....ladies, if you don't use ColorStreet nails you should check them out! I now have enough sets to last me a few months...



No comments:
Post a Comment