I started the year writing daily in a journal....goals, to dos, and then accomplishments at the end of the day. As with everything resolution related, it didn't last long. BUT, with this new environment I figured I had better start building the habit again (and I'm already failing).
SO, my first entry for March was an update and looks something like this:
*Coronavirus, aka 21st century plague....
- we are social distancing: 6 feet apart; gatherings smaller than 50 (or 10, depending on where you are and who you ask...)
- work from home
- classes are all online...including Winter Quarter finals
*World is going crazy.....
It feels like the world has turned upside down! I'd share a clip of the "Turning Turtle" scene from Mary Poppins Returns, but I can't find a good clip of just the scene (the movie is on Netflix, you can thank me later!). I'm feeling Topsy's sentiments very strongly right now, but if people get their act together and just stay home and away from other people everything will calm down sooner rather than later.
In the meantime, I've got at least four lists going of things to do: work, home, house "chores," and one that I need Dad's help with :) (no, he wasn't entirely thrilled lol). Dad falls majorly into the high risk category of this coronavirus, so lucky for us he doesn't deal with other people often....the hardest part has been essentially self-isolating myself from him and mom for 10-14 days so that I can make sure I don't come up with any symptoms to pass on. We're on day 8 today, so we'll get there!
Life is as normal as can be on the farm. Dad and Ethan are doing all sorts of chores and spring field work, with Mom helping as needed of course. I've already been tagged in for some tractor work this summer depending on how things progress....I guess that's not normal haha, but everything else is! We're still waiting on a few calves to arrive, and branding will be here soon.





No comments:
Post a Comment