Sunday, May 31, 2015

May is.....over?!?

     It's the last day of May, and the entire month disappeared so quickly! Crazy stuff. I'll update you on our 4-H Jamboree event we had yesterday another time, but I wanted to make a quick post about my crafting for Day Camp trials. We're holding Day Camps this summer, so I'm trying out all the crafts/activities before hand to make sure things will work. First up: hot air balloon!
     These are actually relatively simple, and don't cost us much to do. They're made with strawberry baskets (paper, solid sided ones versus plastic), coffee filters and some glue, with a balloon to shape the finished hot air balloon part. Here's pictures....



I forgot a picture while the filters were on the balloon, but I ended up with two different methods for this part. The second (plain white below) worked the best. 





     They aren't done yet because I need to add string still, but the basics are there. A fairly simple project the kids can handle I think....hope....

No comments:

Post a Comment