Sunday, June 14, 2015

June!

     Well, it's only day 14 of June and I feel like it should be August or something. This summer is going to fly right by!
     This weekend I snuck back home, mostly because I have doctors appointments tomorrow: one in Seattle and one back in Ellensburg, both for my eyes. In the meantime though, I was able to do some things here at home. Biggest things though have been my creating! I made Morgan her graduation collage which I gave her on Saturday at her party. Then I finished a set of Mickey and Minnie Mouse baby hats for a Prosser colleague who is expecting twins this fall! The hat part was easy, it was the ears and Minnie's bow which proved troublesome.....the final creating comes as a wedding present for my Prosser roommate who is getting married next month! Similar to the windows I've made before, but a little bit different :)
     The other exciting news is about my Harvest contest pictures! Dad got my frames built before he got busy haying, but Mom did the finishing touches....the varnish, place holders, wire screws, and the hanging wire. All I have left to do is write my info on the back of them and then they're off to Seattle tomorrow! They'll be at the Seattle Convention Center until late December or early January, then to Spokane for a few months and then to the Tri-Cities Center. It's all so exciting!
     And at home they're in the middle of haying already....Mom asked today how Dad took my pigs to weigh-in (which was today) for all the years we had pigs at fair....I reminded her that usually we were just cutting the first couple of fields about now, and not started fluffing or baling yet. With no true winter everything came up early, so they'll be done with haying about 8-10 days early, according to Dad. It's super crazy!









No comments:

Post a Comment