So I put pictures up last week and said I would get a third post in April written to go with them....yeah, it so didn't happen! So here's my first post in May, and hopefully there'll be another to follow next week with news and pictures of my adventures this week.
Not that I can remember exactly which pictures are on last week's post, I can basically give you a run down of what happened in the late half of April (I'm on my last flight to Portland...Maine...right now typing this, there will be editing later I'm sure!).
April flew by fairly quickly...we had an early branding. It went well, and we even surprised Mom and Dad with an early anniversary celebration. Small but recognized nonetheless! I'm surprised we even managed to keep it a secret....most of our family and friends were already at the house, so why not celebrate a 30th anniversary right? I would be dead if I had planned a separate one...
Work has been the same old same old. I'm still working on planning out Day Camps, and hoping this week to create a decent supply list so I can raid Mom's craft cupboards. I'll still have to order some supplies, but at the office we get a discount with Office Depot/Max, so much so that things normally $10 are something like $2....such a good deal I'm trying to figure out how to get all my personal craft supplies through the office! ;) We did have a Farm to Fork event the other day! It went really well, and I'm so thankful for volunteers who are willing to jump in at the last minute...even still we weren't quite going to fill time at one station so we pulled out the rockets and 'sent food to Nepal.' The kids had a great time with it, and we even talked about gps systems in tractors and why they are being put in equipment.
What else has happened?? Umm, I took a few pictures on the farm at work when the blooms were out. We have what they call a Heritage Orchard where the resident scientist Robert (another story) does his experimenting with grafting and fruit flies and I'm not really sure what all. He insisted a couple of times we (Annette and I) walk out there to see them. Every time he catches us out there we get a history lesson of some sort about the orchard.
The weekend following branding I got to see one of my best friends in her wedding dress for this summer! It's an absolutely gorgeous dress, and just perfect for her. I already ordered my bridesmaid dress for her wedding, so that will come in a couple of weeks before the big day (it's from Little Borrowed Dresses for anyone out there looking....). Gonna be super cute and hopefully comfy!
That same day I went further south to the tulip fields in Woodburn! It was basically the last good weekend, and I went late enough that while there were a ton of people there, they weren't so obnoxious that I couldn't get where I wanted or some of the pictures that I wanted. Oh my gosh. I seriously don't know why I waited soooo long to go see tulip fields. I've already decided that next year I'm going a couple of times, and at least once will be during the week so there'll be less people :)
Last big news for April is my baby, you may know her as Polly the cow, finally having her baby!! She took long enough for goodness sakes. Jeepers. But, she had another girl just like the one up in the back pen waiting to become a mama herself...we'll see if the boys decide to keep this one too ;)
My plane is literally about to land, so I gotta wrap this up. My first flight was the luxurious one with wi-fi and a choice of snacks....not so much for a shorter flight. Ill post this in a while from the hotel, and then probably won't be back on til next weekend with lots of pictures from Maine. Hoping to make it out to the lighthouse that's fairly close! Before I go I want to share something awesome that happened on the plane tonight...a girl about 11, maybe 12, had to sit separate from her family so her dad brought her an iPad. Turns out she's super interested in planes and basically wants to become a pilot. One of the awesome flight attendants caught on, got this info from her and said, "Our co-pilot is a girl, let's make sure you meet her." Soon enough she returns and tells the girl the co-pilot knows she's on board and is going to talk to her before the girl and her family leaves. Pretty sweet :)
*Obviously I didn't get this posted right away....and the next time I want to post from my iPad, someone stop me! Lots of pics later this week because I made it out to that lighthouse :)
No comments:
Post a Comment