It's Friday. I have "Saving Mr. Banks" playing, about to get some dinner, and Hart of Dixie is on at 8....my homework that's due tomorrow by midnight is done (cccchhhhhheeeecccccckkkkkk!), and the materials for tomorrow's superintendent and key leader training are ready. It's been quite the day....
My new MSU class started on Monday, and I was completely overwhelmed as I looked at what lies ahead for this semester. I had two assignments due tomorrow, which thankfully I've had enough time to complete already. Now I have to work on prepping for a couple of others. To throw a twist into things, I'm going to a 4-H conference for "new to 4-H" educators the first week of February, so I have to make sure and keep up on things during that week. Then(!), I have to pick out a book, and not just a book but a memoir or life-story of someone's childhood. I had one picked out, the perfect one in fact, but the book I use has to be published after 2005, and mine was not :/ Sooooo, the hunt for a book began. I've got a list of ten or twelve now, but I've got to actually choose three of them, write a paragraph or two about each one, and hopefully one will be approved. Otherwise, I get to start allllll over again. One of the requirements is that the book has to relate to a narrow topic....I think I've got it figured out, but now I have to make a case for the books when I haven't yet read them!
In other news, our Conference Facilitator training was last weekend...and it was so much fun! It's the first of my favorite 4-H weekends each year, so I'm always glad when it comes around again. The kids did a fantastic job in planning the conference, and I think it's going to be one of the most difficult ones to carry out that we've ever had. I know I've said that before, but our social media topic is almost abstract and is difficult to grasp. That being said our training went longer than usual this year because the kids had to get a grip on things, and understand what we as adults pictured before they could fathom planning their sessions. Everything turned out really well though, and they've had some "homework" assigned to them, but I know they'll do a wonderful job next month -- no doubt about that!
News from home says that there aren't any baby goats yet :( I really wanted some before I left last weekend, but that didn't happen! My favorite time to play with the goats are when they're really little, just days old, because they have too much darn energy when they're over a week old!!
That's all for now....more next week before my trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment