Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Race #2 -- Short but sweet

     I meant to do this update on Sunday, but it didn't happen then, so it's happening now.....this weekend was a race, but not quite as intense as the weekend before. I had been out the previous Thursday and Friday, and then had an all day training this last Wednesday. By Thursday I'd seen my kids twice in the previous five days, and let me tell you, getting to the weekend was much needed come Friday afternoon.
     Saturday I went with Dad in the Thorp parade on his "campaign mobile." I told him the week before that he needed some candy to put labels on for me to throw, and that what he really needed to do was load some straw on the little tilt bed trailer and find some kids to ride on it. I mean seriously! It's just a fun, little parade, and I think the kids would have fun, especially if they got to throw some candy!

Ninon and her rafting crew

Dad, Fred and Bobb

     Then we put together some pipe in one of the fields, going a direction Dad hasn't tried yet. I swear on some of these little fields he's tried just about every configuration of ditches and pipe for irrigation possible, but here is yet another one....IIIIII was even strong enough to slide pieces all the way in, unlike Mom, which with me having been in the field about five times in as many of the last years, is really quite odd. Anyhow, we got the pipe put together, and then I vacuumed out my car while waiting for him to finish up setting the water and whatnot before changing the oil in my car. In the next four weekends I'll be driving between 800 and 1,000 miles, not including my travels from Prosser to Eburg and back again a couple of those weekends....my car needed a tune up, so of course we checked everything, because, well, I live with my dad. If you know him, enough said. If not, then let me just say he keeps impeccable maintenance on absolutely everything on the property -- 4-wheelers, tractors, cars, trucks, etc. If you can name it, we probably have it, and Dad is taking care of it. I ended the day with a 4-H leadership meeting/movie night. It was great to hang out with the kids, and we had lots of laughs while still getting something accomplished!
     Sunday I did laundry....even for one person it seems to be never ending, but I choose to bring it home each week because otherwise it's about $5 in quarters to get it washed and completely dry here in Prosser. Then I got random things done before running to town for a quick Sparrow project update, and then went to our club 4-H meeting which was followed by the county appreciation and awards night. I love seeing all the kids be recognized, especially when I get to help by just announcing their names! The best part is that the rest of the club members chose the individuals from our club for both types of awards, and they are all (eight of them!) very deserving. One 4-H year wrapped up and another begun on the same day :) This week, October 6-12, is National 4-H Week, so you can expect Sunday's post to be all 4-H related, as if it isn't each week already, haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment