Here goes Part 3 of my 2022 review! This one includes lots of odds and ends...
Go back to my 2022 Book Review, Part 1, and Part 2 if you missed them!
Migraine? — Right after returning from Denver I had a debilitating headache, so much so that I struggled to get downstairs from my bedroom. I took several days off work and worked from home because I couldn’t look at a computer screen for long, much less drive to town. I finally got things narrowed down to my body being out of whack so I saw a chiropractor and massage therapist. Things are back to normal now unless I throw something out of whack but I haven’t had anything so bad as in January again. I get a massage every 6-8 weeks now though!
Mom and Dad’s birthday – My parents reached a milestone this spring so we celebrated in conjunction with our traditional branding weekend. While branding looked different, it had a feeling of normal. It was great to see so many people in person as they stopped by to visit and celebrate after a few years of not doing a big gathering.
Dad has sold all of the cows now, so we’ve already changed the name of our traditional gathering from a branding party to a spring celebration. The party will always live on I think.
Puppy! – Fred is getting older and Dad had been talking about getting a puppy for a while now….Mom wanted an Aussie like their first dog Rexy, so I had been on the hunt for a while with nothing promising turning up. Then, cousin Patty shared a friend’s post with some Aussie pups, and Dad was in love. We trekked to Oregon to pick up Woodrow, named by Dad. This pup is a ball of energy and keeps everyone on their toes. He’s finally gotten calm enough that he doesn’t bark my head off (most of the time) when I go in the back door of Mom and Dad’s, and he listens when he wants to hahaha.
Auntie life ❤️ with Justine, La, Dakota, Karina – I’m not an auntie by blood yet, but I’m blessed to be known as auntie to a few kiddos. I don’t get to see Justine (cousin Steph’s oldest, new baby is here!) very often, but I did get to see her this summer and it was so much fun! We went boating and played inside and outside of the house too. I’ll take those toddler snuggles any day.
Locally I have Layla, Dakota, and Karina just down the road from me! Layla is active in all sorts of activities so I get to hang with her a lot, especially during things like Fair. We’ve also had a sleepover or two at my house, which is fun. I forget how much energy a seven(*cough*eight*cough*)-year-old requires though. Dakota and Karina are older so I don’t get to spend as much time with them, but Karina always volunteers to jump in front of my camera for projects for which I am grateful. And Dakota went to DC with me this summer so we had lots of bonding time 😊 Then I spent every Thursday night this fall in the bleachers watching her do amazing things on the volleyball court. I love hanging out with these ladies and always look forward to our adventures.
I’ve been blessed to spend some time with a couple of other girlies this summer and fall too, which I am absolutely loving!
Local shows (high school and community) – With Covid starting to slow down some, the local theater productions have kicked back into full gear! Pride and Prejudice was at the high school this fall and Kiss Me Kate is coming this winter. So exciting! Most importantly Miss Layla has started ballet so auntie life includes rehearsals and performances. So fun to watch her excel in an area of life that she absolutely LOVES (even if she tries to trick you into thinking she doesn’t like it 😉). I even made a trip to Vancouver to watch Hollyn in her fall production.
Paid off car – I did a big kid thing in 2018 and bought my Rav4 car, which I absolutely LOVE because I can haul lots of things and/or kids to events. It’s trustworthy, and just overall a good car (next time I’m making sure to get auto lights and heated seats though!). I was scheduled to pay my car off in April 2023, but because I figured out a productive way to make payments I was able to pay off my car this summer. I’m so excited because I don’t have to make that monthly trip to the bank anymore, but also because I can replenish my savings….ya know, another big kid thing to do :’) I just hit 80,000 miles the other day and of course now I can't find the photo...













No comments:
Post a Comment