Sunday, January 1, 2023

2022 Book Review

 My reading goal for 2022 was 50 books because in 2021 I barely made it to 50.....Well, I definitely made that goal by reading a total of 80 books. I've set my 2023 goal for 60 books, only because I'm hopeful not sure I can keep up the pace 😅

2022 brought me some great books! My favorites (5 stars) include: 

  • Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey
  • People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
  • Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover (audio book is so worth it!)
  • Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover (audio book is so worth it!)
  • Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
  • Pages & Co by Anna James (book 1 of a super fun YA series)
  • Mary Poppins 1 & 2 by P.L. Travers 
    • I have Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns on repeat via Disney+ (surprise surprise, I know), so knowing where some of the adventures come from is incredibly fun!
I read about half of the books that were on my TBR list from 2021, including: 
  • Mary Poppins 1 & 2 (now just need to read 3 & 4)
  • Learning to See by Elise Hooper (took me a while to get through, 4 stars)
  • The Midnight Library by Matt Hait (3 stars)
  • A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (Fun adventure, 4 stars)
  • The Return by Nicholas Sparks (4 stars)
  • The Berlin Girl by Mandy Robotham (4 stars)
  • If I Stay by Gayle Forman (4 stars)
A new challenge for 2023 will be to not buy any new books 😬 The only time I'm going to allow myself to buy books is when Inklings, a bookstore in Yakima, has a fun sale. They give 20% off on the fifth Saturday every time one comes around. So while I won't be buying books I've seen floating around on TikTok and Instagram at Costco or Target, I do get to look forward to a few book buying trips. 

On the agenda for 2023:
  • Mary Poppins 3 & 4 (holdover from 2022 list)
  • The Wish by Nicholas Sparks (holdover from 2022 list)
  • I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai (holdover from 2022 list)
  • My Dear Hamilton by Stephanie Dray & Laura Kamoie (holdover from 2022 list)
  • The Starlet and the Spy by Ji-min Lee (holdover from 2022 list)
  • The Book Thief by Mark Zusak (I've started the audio book and am digging it) (holdover from 2022 list)
  • Educated by Tara Westover (holdover from 2022 list)
  • Beach Read and Book Lovers both by Emily Henry
  • The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
  • Finlay Donovan is Killing It by Elle Cosimano
  • Pages & Co books 2-4 by Anna James
  • The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
  • The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkin Reid
  • Every Summer After by Carley Fortune
  • aaaaannnnnnddddddddd every other book on my bookshelf 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment