BUT, I have used it to get through a couple of PD books. It's definitely helped because I absorb information better if I'm multi-tasking (weird, I know). This weekend when I made the drive to Vancouver, I decided to put on Anne of Green Gables. To be fair, I had started it on a previous trip so was at chapter 9 when I pressed play as I began my drive. The remaining play time was about nine hours, and with a trip that was four hours each way, I knew it would end up being close to the end when I got home again.
As I listened I could visualize the scenes in the movie -- no surprise there because I've seen the movies sooooooo many times. As each chapter played I watched the movie play in my head, knowing which scene came next, and which came before. It was fun being able to compare the movie and book so easily because I was "reading" at a much faster pace than I would have been otherwise. So, I finished it today while I was working 😊And now, I'm watching the movie, because, duh, ya have to watch the movie after reading the book!
I've had to tighten my belt a little bit for the next few months, so I'm super sad that I didn't download Anne of Avonlea before I temporarily suspended my Audible subscription for a few months 😢However, you can exchange titles, so hopefully I'll be able to exchange one book for another soon! In the meantime, I have the majority of the Harry Potter series to look forward to 😄

No comments:
Post a Comment