Moms, aunts, grandmas, and friends of grads nominate a high school or college student who because of Corona will be missing out on the traditions that come with being a senior. Then, people from across the country are "adopting" seniors to send some cheer to the student. The gifts can be anything from as simple as a card, gift card, favorite foods, to more personal things such as shirts or sweatshirts from their future universities.
Of course I couldn't miss out on the chance to spread some cheer (duh!), so I've "fully" adopted two seniors, and plan on sending some Central gear to a couple of others. I connect with the two young ladies I've adopted in one way or another -- one via 4-H and a love of purple, and the other because she's a future Wildcat and her crafty side. As always is the case with me, I'm going above and beyond but am trying to utilize things that I already have access to.
My first wave of goodies went in the mail this week. Simple but fun and personal, I found a coloring book that has some upbeat sayings in the patterns and am also sending twistable colored pencils, candy, and a game that was one of my favorites as a kid -- slamwich!
These are the girls I adopted after they each got my first package :)
The other two seniors who are getting Central gear have to wait a little bit longer in order to gather everything, but I'm excited to share some Wildcat spirit with them. Those students are both athletes, so will have unique experiences to begin with, but today's situation makes it more unique.
If you know a high school or senior grad, spread some cheer with them! Send the card, make up a small gift basket, celebrate with them this spring.


No comments:
Post a Comment