I originally wanted to try and challenge myself to read 50
books this year…when I realized that would be one book per week, and at already
two weeks in I was wwwaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy behind, I decided to just keep track
of the books I’m reading. So, here goes!
21) "Anne of Green Gables" by LM Montgomery (7/6/20) - Who doesn't love Anne of Green Gables?? It's always been one of my favorites and listening to it via Audible made it even more enjoyable! I highly recommend the version with Rachel MacAdams reading it. The mini-series with Megan Follows is the absolute best, but I have fallen in love with the "Anne with an E" series on Netflix -- just be warned that the series doesn't last as long as one wishes :(
21) "Anne of Green Gables" by LM Montgomery (7/6/20) - Who doesn't love Anne of Green Gables?? It's always been one of my favorites and listening to it via Audible made it even more enjoyable! I highly recommend the version with Rachel MacAdams reading it. The mini-series with Megan Follows is the absolute best, but I have fallen in love with the "Anne with an E" series on Netflix -- just be warned that the series doesn't last as long as one wishes :(
9-20) Various eBooks on my Kindle app....I haven't been keeping track of them all
8) "The Wedding Date" by Jasmine Guillory (4/12/20) - This was an impulse buy because the title is the same as one of my favorite rom-com movies....written along similar lines, a groomsman needs a date to a wedding and asks the girl he meets in an elevator. It's written well and is a book that one is easily hooked on.
7) "The Last Letter from Your Lover" by Jojo Moyes (4/4/20) - I picked up this book because I read "Me Before You" several years ago (before the movie came out), and I really enjoyed Moyes' writing style. This book took me several tries to get into, but once I caught on to the story, it didn't take long for me to fly through it! The last couple of books I've read feature parallel stories, and this one is the same. It also time jumps frequently in the same storyline, so be prepared if you do pick it up. *It's being made into a Netflix movie starring Felicity Jones and Shailene Woody!
6) "The Paris Seamstress" by Natasha Lester (3/22/20) - If you read a book this year....make it this one! Seriously, I loved this book and flew through it in less than 48 hours (I may have been up late reading last night....). I first read "The Paris Orphan" last fall. Turns out that one had just been released, so I immediately ordered this one because I loved "Orphan" so much. Both books tell intertwined stories from different character perspectives, and of course tie up the loose ends neatly! Best part? A new one is being released this fall, "The Paris Secret," and you better believe that it's in my Amazon cart for pre-order :)
5) "Today We Go Home" by Kelli Estes (3/18/20) - I picked this up on a whim going through Jerrol's one day (it happens from time to time). I love historical fiction, and the Civil War has a special place in my heart. This book travels from 1862-63 to present day telling intertwined stories. I would definitely recommend, and I can't wait to find others by this author.
4) "To All the Boys I Ever Loved" series by Jenny Han - I fell in love with the Netflix movie last year, and it was my goal to read the series before the second movie came out in February. Quick, easy, FUN reads!
2) “Every Breath” by Nicholas Sparks — I picked this one up on a whim because it was on sale, and I love Nicholas Sparks books (come on, who doesn’t?). It was a super quick, engaging read and I loved it! Might have to reread some old ones.....
1)
“Girl,
Wash Your Face!” by Rachel Hollis – I started out attempting to read this
book, but with an Audible subscription and a great narration by the author, I
ended up listening to it instead. As I’ve been driving across the state
recently, I’ve had lots of “aha!” moments while listening. I have a hard copy
of the book too, so I want to go back through it and highlight things that
stick out. For me, chapters 14-15 really struck a chord, so I’m excited to be
taking a second look at them.









No comments:
Post a Comment