That being said, here's a bit of a life update for you:
- My last post was about accountability for weight loss. I've lost about 10 pounds in six-ish weeks. My goal is to lose a few more to put me under 200 pounds by the end of this month. Again, I'm posting it for accountability. I've definitely had a few week moments in the last few days, even though I did really well during Fair and didn't gain anything while eating one fair food meal a day!
- We have officially moved into fall weather, I think it's safe to say. During Fair over Labor Day it was close to 100 between the heat and humidity from smoke-cloud cover......today it was in the 70s and is supposed to be down in the 40s during the night next week. So excited!! Fall is my favorite time of year because of the crisp mornings and late afternoons.
- Fair concluded over a week ago, and I'm happy to report that things went well! The kids asked for a goat costume contest -- how could I refuse?? So adorable! Our judge was fantastic working with the kids, and I'm excited to have him back next year.
- Central students start arriving this weekend, with classes starting next Wednesday. Then the fun truly begins as I catch up with students and create plans with them on class sequencing. This will not only allow them to have an idea of when they'll take which classes leading up to graduation, but also allow me to help our faculty know how many students they should be expecting in classes. Right now we have 50, yep, 50, students who should be enrolled for our fall class. We're at about 45 who are enrolled right now, but we'll get there before next week, haha!
- ETHAN AND FAITH GOT ENGAGED LAST WEEKEND!!!! Sorry for the caps lock, but it's worth shouting about! I got a text from Mom that said Ethan and Faith were going riding, and then I got a phone call because I hadn't responded (I was cooking!). We all knew what we were celebrating that night at dinner before the proposal even happened! I'm so excited for Faith to officially join our family. Of course, this means we have not one, not two, but THREE George family weddings next year -- thankfully I only need a fancy dress for two of them ;)
And now, for the picture sharing overload :)
Kailynn and Josh's Wedding
Sunset, before smoke completely set in on the valley
Ramsey's senior pictures -- getting a smile outta this kid is like pulling teeth! Thankfully we had his mama around to help us :)

No comments:
Post a Comment