Thursday, August 3, 2017

Accountability

In the last few weeks I’ve thought of a few topics to write about, but haven’t sat down and actually written anything. And I definitely had a train of thought going yesterday, but now, over 24 hours later, I can’t remember what it was…..


Life gets busy. We all have those “things” that we’re involved with, volunteer for, or just plain love doing, and sometimes, we have to compartmentalize these things to make life work. We also have to prioritize things too. Well, I’ve done just that -- compartmentalize and prioritize….I’m putting this down on my blog so that I have accountability. I have decided to work on losing weight. Two big reasons for this: 1) health -- to hopefully lessen the medication I need to be on for my headaches and 2) my younger cousin just got engaged! (And this girl wants to fit into a smaller bridesmaid’s dress by next spring!)


There’s another underlying reason I guess…..I love being the photographer behind the camera, and not the subject in front of the camera. Buuuttttt, there are more and more times when I need to use a professional picture of me for work or whatever. Do you know how hard it is for me to find a picture of myself, just me, by myself, period? It’s pretty difficult aside from the selfies I took when tour guiding over five years ago (I do have one of those that I LOVE though!).


So, priority #1 is to lose weight. My first goal is fifty pounds (or more if I get on a roll) by next spring. Priority #2 is to finally get all the clothes piled in my room organized and in shelves and my dresser. I know, I know what you’re thinking -- “But Rachel, you moved in two months ago!?!?” Yes, yes I did, but remember what I said about life getting busy? Yeah, well, we’ll chalk it up to my house basically being a hotel for me in the months of June and July. Now that I’m focusing on my health though, I’m going to have to clear some counter space hahahaha. And, I just need to clean up and organize in general.


I did a little bit of meal prep today, a load of laundry, got wedding pictures in the mail(!), and am finalizing Steph’s wedding organization binder. She’s coming home this weekend so I’ll be able to get it to her and we’ll see how she likes it!

That’s all the news I have, other than we’re smoked in from the fires in Canada….Enjoy some pictures since I haven’t shared any for a while!


Michael, LaCenter HS 2018


Danielle, photogenic contest pictures (we only took a couple hundred...this is one of my favs!)

Quick family session over 4th of July



Fair prep pictures! This young lady and her horse are SO stinking adorable!!

Flowers at the fairgrounds this summer...



Wedding #1 of 2017. One more to come later this month!


These next three are from winter and are way out of order....

Fred

Maggie Moo, one of the bottle calves I fed this winter/spring...if I could have eye lashes like hers!

Me, MS from MichSU (thanks to Em for the pic!)

Faith, CWU 2017



Jonnie, CWU 2017


Emily, UofI 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment