Saturday, July 4, 2015

When you need home the most...

     So I guess you could say I was pretty lucky in growing up where I did....house on a hill so I could see for miles around, clear into town which normally isn't important, but on nights like tonight it was awesome. I could actually see rather than just hear the explosions of fireworks across the area, and I didn't even have to go into town to see the big show. They cancelled all the shows at home this year because things are so dry increasing the fire danger, but around here, nobody seems to understand what a danger that is.
     Already today before about 3 pm there were at least a dozen reported fireworks related incidents: fires, hands missing, etc. Now, it's 9 pm, the booms are just getting started, but I can't see a stinking thing! There are too many buildings around here, but the skies are awfully pretty so I think I'm going to put my homework away for a while and take a walk to see what I can see, where the best viewing place may be. There's got to be somewhere....I really hope tomorrow is the last day people will be setting things off. They've been going off all week long till 11 or midnight, making it super difficult to sleep! Next year I think I'll go home to celebrate the 4th....
     In other news, I didn't have to work yesterday, so I made an early morning run to the beach hoping to catch a sunrise, ha! It was so foggy....but I still got some fun pictures I think. I have yet to load them to my computer. I also photographed a 50th wedding anniversary party, that was fun to do too :) Today I went to the office and mapped out some homework thoughts so I could actually make progress, which I'm doing slowly but surely. Thank goodness my assignment deadline was extended or I would be doomed! I think I'm doing okay in my class, things seem to be coming along but I'm gonna have to boogy for some stuff or I'll be in trouble.
     Friday I head back home to take pictures at a wedding on Saturday. The following Saturday I'm a bridesmaid, so I am taking the week off to avoid traveling so much. It'll be a good time at home :)
    Okay, I have to go explore what's happening around the neighborhood, find out what I can see. Maybe I'll post some pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment