July 1-11: I worked and worked! I did Day Camps this summer, and, woooo, it was ambitious that's for certain, but so incredibly rewarding! I had an awesome time working with our small group of kids creating lots of things. I was able to sneak off to the beach one day, leaving at o-dark-thirty to get there early, and then being back early to miss all the traffic. On the 10th I headed home to take pictures at a wedding on the 11th, and that began July's wedding marathon :)
The beach!
Wedding pictures I took
July 12-18: I stayed home this week because I was a bridesmaid in my best friend from college's wedding. Rather than driving back to Vancouver, and then returning to Central Washington the very next weekend, I stayed at home and enjoyed time with my family. There was of course a little bit of work and school work involved, but still some fun was had! At the end of the week I made my way to Leavenworth, where that weekend's wedding would take place. After the rehearsal we had lots of prep to do, and then the big day finally arrived! It was a good, fun day celebrating :)
Best friend's wedding!
Perks of being a best friend is getting a sneak peak at the sneak peak :)
July 19-Aug 1: Work work and work! But really, it wasn't that hard ;) I prepped for camp on Mondays and Wednesdays, then did camp on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and actually sat at my desk to take care of emails and whatnot on Fridays. I got into quite the routine those two weeks.....August 1st brought clean up day for Fair, and then the real fun began the next week!
We may or may not have had PB&J sushi rolls for snack one day :)
Aug 2-8: Fair began on Friday, August 7th. Lots of set up and excitement prior to that of course, and then the first couple of days are always the most fun in getting things sorted out :) I had my little hide-aways, but of course enjoyed hanging out with and visiting lots of our areas!
Me and a few of my kids :)
Aug 9-15: Fair fair and more fair! The Fair actually ran August 7-16, but I missed the last three days to go to cousin Tyler and Nicole's wedding. I went home on Friday to help with any prep, and man, did they put me to work! I didn't even get the nap in that I planned....but it was totally worth it to see how gorgeously things turned out :)
Aug 16-23: I came back home and have since been trying to recover from Fair....my apartment and car are an absolute mess, but each day little by little things get taken care of. I spent all day Saturday cleaning (and doing a bit of crafting/decorating because it was part of the mess ;) ), and then some even still yesterday.
This was part of the cleaning-turned-decorating...
Meanwhile, all while this is going on....I took a grant writing class this summer. It was one of the toughest classes I think I've EVER taken, but I survived. My fall semester classes start next week :/ but I finally got all my books so I'm good to go.
Last night one of my best friends who has been gone all summer came to visit for the night. We tried to get some red sun pictures, but were too late for that so we got some cloud shots any way! Today we just ran errands, and then worked on various paperwork we both had to do....mostly I worked on this blog, and I'm just finishing now at almost 11...whoops!










No comments:
Post a Comment