Job Hunting
This was probably one of the biggest things weighing on my mind as June progressed. How would I put money in the bank to pay for school or medical expenses? I knew I could always count on subbing, but it isn't what I wanted to do for months on end. A 4-H job that I applied for closed on May 20th, so I was on pins and needles waiting to hear about a possible interview. Two weeks in I was told the process takes a while and I had to be patient, quite a contrast from Walla Walla and patience is something I don't have much of, haha. About a week later I got a call from the regional specialist from Clark and Skamania (the job I applied for is in Clark County), asking if I was still interested and be available for an interview. Of course! So, my mom and I made the trip down to Vancouver and back in one day for the interview. Still on pins and needles I prepared to take kids to State 4-H Teen Conference, and was just about ready to leave there (Pullman), when I got an email that made me wonder what was going on. Just minutes later I received a phone call, again from the regional specialist, Missy. This time she wasn't asking about an interview, SHE OFFERED ME A JOB!!!! So, my new title, official as of July 1, is Clark County 4-H Coordinator :) At TC I was jumping, quite literally, for joy, and it wasn't long before a Clark chaperone who was a part of the interview committee congratulated me. She said that Missy had sent an email letting everyone know I accepted, and she responded with "That was apparent from the jumping and dancing in the CUB." Haha, I was only a little excited :)
Apartment Hunting
Well, landing a job led to needing a place to live. My uncle lives in Vancouver so I can always crash with him for a little bit, but I'd really like my own place. Mom and I made a trip down and lucked out to find an apartment in Battle Ground that should be ready for move-in between July 20 and August 1! Hopefully my application will be accepted and I'll get the place, otherwise, I'm not sure how long I'll be crashing.
Organizing and repacking
This new adventure of course requires me to move....again....when I packed and moved from the house in Mabton, I just shoved things in boxes, not caring much how full they were or what was in them. Now I have to reorganize things and try to actually know what is in boxes, and think about what I need versus want. It's difficult!
Photography
Well, I've been quite busy with other things in life, so haven't been taking many pictures, but I did take pictures for my first wedding....the first of THREE this summer! It turned out really well, and I'm glad she had another friend there who had photographed weddings before who knew to do certain things and where to be, and all that jazz. I'm not sure what else I've posted on the blog (that's how out of touch I am with things lately), but in the last couple of months I've done: roommates, a wedding reception, graduations (multiple of them!), maternity, more seniors, a wedding and then last night Em brought her rodeo queen gear up for a few shots. We only took 180 in less than an hour, it's gotta be a record of some sort....I'll make sure to include some favorites at the end :)
School - Youth Development Masters
School seems to consume most of my time these days, and is in fact what I'm avoiding working on right now. I'm taking two 3-credit classes, each from a different university, so their systems are completely different. One runs Wednesday to Wednesday, the other Sunday to Sunday. I'm just incredibly thankful that one class started about a month before the other so I could get the hang of things with posting discussion and deadlines. Well, now it's down to crunch time and I've got a big presentation due on the 20th, and only about 48 hours of spare time to get it done. After that's finished then I have to write a paper for my second class. Eeks, it's all coming down fast, but hopefully I'll be able to get things done, and done well!
4-H
I feel so bad for my 4-H kids here at home. In early June I told them I'd be home for the summer and able to actually be their leader at fair, versus the last few years when I've been a leader-superintendent-teacher crazy woman. So sad to tell them on Wednesday that I won't in fact be able to really be their leader at all, that I'll just be at fair for Saturday's fit and show as far as competitions :( But, I know they can all do it, and I know that our other leaders are more than capable in helping the kids!
Alright, and now for the pictures :) The Gonzaga Grads didn't make it in here because my comp was stolen in Mabton (another story, everything's been replaced thanks to insurance!), but I do have them backed up somewhere!
Roommates: Jessi and Tyra
Newlyweds: Myrna-Jo and Stu
High school grads!
Kyler
Lindsey
Emily and Aly
Leanne's maternity, she was induced just a week later!
Jacklyn, another HS grad
Missy and Logan tied the knot 6/28/14
Presenting: Emily George, 2014 Toppenish Jr. Rodeo Queen







No comments:
Post a Comment