Sunday, February 9, 2014

I skipped a week....again....

     I haven't been very good at keeping things up to date here lately. My apologies! Honestly, not a lot has been happening. The last two weeks have been fairly normal at school, minus the two days I was out for calculator training (another story), and the all late starts we've had since Christmas break. Last weekend I went home and we had our final KYG meeting prior to the Superbowl. While not ideal timing, it was already planned and I'm glad we didn't change it or I may have been snowed in either here in Prosser beforehand, or there in Ellensburg. The kids finished with time to spare (even if they didn't think it was enough time) and made it to their Superbowl plans just fine. It was sunshiny and bright when I was home last weekend, and this weekend we've all got snow galore! It sounds like there's upwards of 8-10 inches at home, and there's about 5 or so here in Prosser. Since Thursday I've had to clear piles of snow off my car each day. I stayed in Prosser this weekend to save gas, and get things done (ha!).
     This next week is going to just fly by...it's only a four day week, with Valentine's day off (hallelujah!) and then I'm off to Olympia for our annual KYG Conference. I am so incredibly excited this year for Conference to be here! It has become my favorite weekend of the year, only topped by when I have the opportunity to attend National 4-H Conference....this year's KYG marks my tenth, I have made the full circle of themes two full times and we're halfway through the third. I cannot believe I have been so lucky to continue to be involved, and I hope to continue to do so for a while longer.
     I am still waiting to hear from Michigan State about my Masters application. Apparently they don't accept students on an individual basis, so I was told I had to wait until the actual deadline of February 1 before the department would even begin looking at my application. Urgh, I just want to know for goodness sakes! I've only checked my application status a couple of times online, but that is going to become more frequent as the week goes on I'm afraid.

Last weekend we had sunshine and warmth...

This weekend....not so much.....

PS - Go Seahawks!!



No comments:

Post a Comment