More life decisions! More on that later after I catch you up on life so far!
Over the long weekend this month was the annual 4-H Know Your Government conference, my favorite of all conferences state-wide, and tied for overall with National Conference. It was a great conference all-around, and the delegates were able to be very successful! While it's always stressful for me, there are those moments that make it all worth it: when I've explained how a bill moves through the committee to floor to the opposite chamber where it repeats the process and a delegate says "I get it now!" (that lightbulb is an important thing); when the CFs come back with few complaints from delegations; when I can go to bed at 2 am, get up at 5:30 am and at 11 pm have a delegate tell me I look like I got a full 8 hours of sleep :) and then I got to do it all over again....twice....can't wait for my favorite topic next year ~ media!
What's happened since KYG?? Ummm, I received notice just before leaving for that weekend that I had to decide what to do with my apartment (because my lease will be up March 31) by February 20th, aka, I had a week to come up with a plan. My friend Brittany and I had been planning to find a place together, just not that quickly. BUT, with some amazing search skills from Brittany, we found a place outside Mabton for us. It's a three bedroom, two story old farm house, which will be so much nicer than an apartment for this country girl!! We sign the dotted line on a lease Friday, so I'm spending the majority of this weekend packing things up and hauling what I can out there, and unloading what I can. In a couple weeks my parents are bringing the trailer down so we can make one or two trips with our big furniture, and then we should be good to go! I'm going to cancel my Charter as of March 1, so I'll be saving that $123 a month already, and hopefully our internet will get hooked up by mid-March! With all of this happening I'm hoping to start putting more in savings :)
We got our testing schedule yesterday....I am fortunate to have more teaching days amongst the testing because my kids test before spring break in March, and then again not until the end of May. But that's just in my class, and doesn't include their language arts or science tests, or the math or reading bench mark tests we have to give, or the special schedules we'll have for whatever reason, ie, conference prep, and then conferences themselves (there's a lot of commas there, it's definitely a run-on sentence, my bad). Other teachers though, are not quite so fortunate :/ I'm not sure how this can be alleviated, except to take away the tests (?!?!?!?!?). One day in the future when everyone has a computer chip inserted in their brains the day they're born.....then we won't have all this other crap to deal with.
Life decisions....what you've all been waiting for....I'm still waiting to hear about my Youth Development Masters program. Yep, that's right. My application was complete in early January and the deadline was February 1st. I'm going to start making phone calls next week because if I'm going to start classes May 19th, then I'm going to have to get my brain in the right place! The rest of it, well, let's not go there quite yet. I'll update you in a couple months, after things have transpired a bit :)
In the meantime, happy picture taking and moving to me! I'll try and get some house pictures up this weekend, and this has been the busiest sports event-filled week for me to date. Almost done, phew!
No comments:
Post a Comment