Sunday, January 12, 2014

School Week 1 of 2014 Down....

     And only 20 school weeks left to go! Is it bad that I'm counting? It's not that I don't enjoy my classes, but, grrr, these kids can't grasp how to solve inequalities and I'm not sure why! After spending practically an entire quarter on it we are re-taking their chapter test tomorrow and not looking back.
      I stayed in Prosser this weekend, and went to the basketball games on Friday night, and then worked on prepping for the next chapter's lessons for most of the weekend with an adventure to see "Saving Mr. Banks." If you haven't seen it yet....GO!! It's super good, and of course has to be followed by a home-viewing of "Mary Poppins." I had to make myself just hum the songs in the theater, and at home, well, I'm sure the neighbors could hear me, haha.
     Today, amidst my school work and movies I managed to make both egg salad and tator tot casserole. Since my surgery I can't really bite down on a sandwich, so am having to stick to softer foods as much as possible. Hamburgers are definitely out of the question, but if I can cut it up and stab it with a fork then I'm golden. Of course, I can cheat on the weekends and evenings when no one is going to see me and use my retainer so that biting down in the front is easier. My fake tooth makes things difficult....so much so that my students recognized on Monday that I was speaking funny and one student even asked if I had a retainer in my mouth. Too bad these kids are too smart for their own good.
     If you are a Downton fan and haven't yet watched tonight's episode, you might want to skip this paragraph. I cannot believe the things that went on tonight! What with Edith fighting for her man to earn his way into her father's good graces (he does just fine when given the opportunity), and Edna and Tom are getting in deep, and then there's Anna and a visiting valet. Ugh, but, as someone else pointed out, at least no one has died so far this season, granted, we're only two episodes in....but seriously, they all need to be two hours to get any information in a timely manner! I have to wonder though, we saw the children in the first episode last week, but nothing since. With both Mary and Tom as parents, you would think they'd at least show something of them with the children.
     This week I have a 4-H meeting, and then Friday it's CF Training time!! Probably one of my favorite weekends of the year, I'm excited to see everyone! It's a meeting of the minds, so to speak, to prepare for KYG come February, and it's always a good time!! :)

PS - No word yet about my Masters program, but I'm hoping to hear soon!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment