This summer is essentially going to be a marathon, so I'm calling each adventure a "leg" in order to keep track of what's happened....thus far, here's what's happened.
Leg 1: Graduation! Tyra and Amber wouldn't let me get out of coming to graduation, so I made the trek from Prosser Thursday night to watch them walk up, and then down, the stage. I probably wouldn't have been able to keep myself from driving to graduation anyways, but I'm incredibly proud of not only those two girls, but all of "my kids" who graduated this year, because I know that sometimes it isn't easy.
Leg 2: Last day of school/moving! Moving classrooms got changed to Friday, which was fine, and it went pretty well considering. All in all, my first last day of school from behind the teacher's desk was good. Now I just need to go in and start working in my new room to get things cleaned up and settled....and I saw Amber at her grad party! So happy for her, and excited for her to continue at WSU!
Leg 3: Goat pre-show! My Saturday began at 5 am, and didn't end until midnight....it was a rough day, but truly worth everything! I did my duty as goat superintendent, helped with judging, and then watched our sheep members show. They all did amazing! That was followed by a quick meeting with Amber about CWF and then I went on to Tyra's graduation party. I made both Amber and Tyra a poster with pictures and wrote them a note. I had texted Tyra's mom when I made it that she needed to be prepared to cry because I knew she would. Sure enough, Tyra opened her present, absolutely loved it and then showed it to her mom who in turn gave me a hug with happy tears in her eyes :) Thennnnn, I went home, met Stephanie's roommate Logan, had dinner and then took some pictures of Steph and Logan. They turned out super cute! We had a good time, that's for sure!
Leg 4: Swine weigh-in....it was a long afternoon on not a whole lot of sleep, but everyone's pigs are basically on track. We have one at 179 already, but luckily she was able to find a smaller pig at the last minute, so at the very least she's guaranteed one making weight. It was an early night...
Leg 5: Eye doctor, pink shirts and CA exchange meeting....it was a day full of errands and ended with a meeting for our California 4-H exchange. Our trip is only a few weeks away, and the kids are excited. Not many of them have really been through California, so they're all excited to see things. We're planning on traveling through the Redwoods, and to see a "happy cow" dairy farm, lol.
What's next? Well, it's going to be something like: GLAD training, Utah roadtrip, playing catch-up and then Relay, more GLAD training, and finally a break before heading to California, turning around and flying to DC, and then planning KYG. Whew! It's gonna be a busy next six weeks, that I know for sure.
From a couple weeks ago....Brianne's engagement shoot! Bri and I went through the 4-H leadership program together, and I'm so glad I was able to take these for her!






No comments:
Post a Comment