Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Review of 2012!

Well, we're gonna try something new tonight....one highlight from each month of 2012, gonna get mighty tricky for this last spring, but we'll see.

January ~ Newly certified as a teacher, I got my feet in the door at a couple of schools by subbing. It didn't end up helping later in the job hunt, but that's okay.



February ~ The first two weeks of the month were spent packing for D.C., and the last two were spent in D.C. beginning my training as a Wonders of Washington Program Assistant.



March ~ I began the truly best adventure of my life thus far by leading a couple of school groups around D.C.



April ~ I was able to see the cherry blossoms bloom in real life! And, spent a week with some of the coolest 4-H kids around :)




May ~ I celebrated my 22nd birthday with a few of the best roommates a girl could ask for at a performance of "Taming of the Shrew."




June ~ My flight home from D.C. landed just in time for graduations of the cousin and brother!



July ~ I was offered a job teaching 8th grade math with the Prosser School District, which I heartily accepted!



August ~ Fair arrived just in time for school to start in Prosser, and while my kids weren't too happy with me for missing a couple of days, they forgave me with lots of hugs Friday night before showmanship on Saturday, which was very successful.



September ~ I spent many weekends taking, and then editing senior pictures, the rest of the year would  also bring me family and engagement sessions.



October ~ I attended the Washington State 4-H Leader's Forum like usual, but this year I was honored to receive the Heather Rider Young Leader's Award.



November ~ It was at this time when I realized what amazing staff I work with in Prosser. Without each of those I work with closely I would be completely lost! Oh, and I also realized what awesome 4-H kids I have in my life!



I can't rotate this picture for some reason....

December ~ I finished my first four months of teaching, without any complete meltdowns, oh, and Wilbur came to visit :)



Now, for 2013, I have no idea what is in store, other than I'll finish my first year of teaching, watch some amazing kids graduate high school and move on with their lives to become "real adults," and have more 4-H adventures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment