In the farming world things just really got started this week. Ethan finished cutting everything on Tuesday, and they've been baling like crazy since Tuesday afternoon. I went up yesterday for a drink/snack run, and got conned into rolling bales for a few minutes. Thank goodness that skill is just like riding a bike....I took my camera too, so got some good shots. Take a look!
Dad has an "experimental" bee pollinator plot, and these gorgeous red/orange/yellow flowers show up everywhere in this plot of brownish weeds (I'm not sure that's what they technically are, but we're just gonna go with it....)
More flowers, with fields and mountain in background.
Hey look! I found a bee even!
The field in the foreground was finished on Tuesday, and they're working on the Sprinkler field in the background. There's at least two harrowbeds and balers out there somewhere but they're a tad hard to spot from this distance.
Dad and Ethan's creation...pulling an old style rake on the Kabota. They've created some kind of lever to use from the seat of the Kabota making it really easy to rake up scraps. The first version a few years ago needed two people: one to drive and one to sit on the rake seat and operate it. There were multiple times I was yelling at Ethan for going to fast and almost crashing and killing me....
Wheel line in the field.
Another field waiting to be done in the next couple of days with the mountain and wind turbines in the background.
No comments:
Post a Comment