Well, the week is over, which means my time here in DC is over. My group left yesterday morning after we went to FDR and MLK, they continued on to the Smithsonians while I was fortunate enough to catch a ride in the PA training van. I spent the first couple hours after lunch finishing up paperwork, then worked on packing everything! Most of my things were already packed, just had little last minute things to do.
Char and I had extra baseball game tickets from a group, but it was raining and whatnot, so we figured the game would get cancelled, and it did indeed get cancelled just as I finished my hamburger. Amber and the group never even made it in to the stadium....so we metroed back to the Center and had a movie night in the Auditorium instead. Worked for me :)
My alarm doesn't go off for another half hour, and I've been awake for 45 minutes now, so it's gonna make for a long travel day, but I'm finally coming home! The next few days are busy, filled with graduation tonight, 4-H meeting, teaching a lesson, and seeing family and friends all before the week ends with Ethan's graduation and mine the next morning.
Five hours from now I'll be on a plane headed home...so excited to see everyone and catch up on life in the real Washington!
No comments:
Post a Comment