Saturday, December 21, 2019

Catching up....May weddings!

I've kept a running list of blogs to write all year long....and at the top are the May wedding celebrations I was fortunate to attend :)

Elise and Matt
One of my Vancouver 4-H girls asked me to be her "day of" coordinator at her wedding. I heartily agreed, even after I found out she was getting married the day after my birthday! I made arrangements to stay with other 4-H friends who I knew would be at the wedding, and traveled a day before in order to be there in time to line up the bridal party at the altar. The boys didn't trust my golf tee theory, but it definitely worked. By the way, wrangling boys for a wedding is difficult, and moreso I think as the "coordinator."

One of Elise's llama showing friends created all of the boutonnieres and bouquets, so I helped with those as much as I could on Friday night, and then again Saturday morning. It was a lot of fun, especially as I laughed at the boys as they looked at the boutonnieres with strange faces. Let's just say I got really good at putting on boutonnieres, especially because I had to do them twice to hide the pins. 

Elise and Matt had a beautiful spring day to join their lives, and I am so blessed to have been asked to be a part of it.

Amber and Joseph
Another of my 4-H girls, I had (gladly!) heard about Amber's planning of her simple, beautiful wedding throughout the winter. A mutual friend joined me to celebrate Amber, and everyone had a great time. I was in awe of the simplicity in the details of Amber's vision -- this is often difficult for many as a wedding is planned....she stayed true to her vision though, and it was well worth it. I feel blessed to have been invited to join Amber and Joseph at their wedding.

And of course my eyes were closed....


No comments:

Post a Comment