My friend Michelle from Prosser chooses a word each year to focus on...she posted her 2017 word last night, along with the origin of the project inspired by a blogger. I decided that I'm going to try it this year too. My 2017 word is "story" -- it's one I chose arbitrarily from the originator's list of words, but the more I thought about it the more perfect it seems to be for my first word.
I already tell stories through my photography and blogging, and too-often Facebook status updating, but what I'm hoping for this year is to be intentional about my story telling (so maybe my word should be intentional??). At any rate, I want to try and take pictures with a purpose, blog with a purpose and not just post updates about life (don't worry, I'll do those too!), and live this year's chapter of my story with a purpose. I want to tell the story of Central's new STEM teaching program with flair, and learn the stories of students at Central already and those who may become Wildcats.
I found some journaling prompts a few weeks ago on Pinterest, and while blogging is my journal, I'm going to choose a few of those for inspiration for future posts (there's that intentional thing again...). I think this theme of story may also help me with the farm Facebook page too! We're trying to build-up the page (Foothills Farm Forage & Livestock) to tell our family's story, as well as create an online presence to sell products.
So, there you have it. I'm already succeeding at resolution #1: blog more often. Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment