Alrighty friends, here’s a tid bit about 2017 so far…..we now live in the Arctic surrounded by snow! No, I’m not kidding. Okay, so I’m kidding, but lower valley schools have been closed more than open since coming back from the holidays and we’re lucky if temperatures get above freezing. The sun came out the other day and I was much too excited about it.
There was a huge storm that came through this last week/end. It threw wrenches into all sorts of plans and made traveling difficult. So difficult in fact, that Ethan almost didn’t make it home from a friend’s wedding 😂😂. Ethan and Faith flew out on Thursday, originally from Pasco which was cancelled so from Yakima, but they couldn’t get their return flight changed. Thus, a rescue mission plan was formed…..long story short, they made it back to Yakima, rescue mission was cancelled, and their luggage is still missing!
Now, we get to Monday. On Friday it was planned for me to go to Leavenworth to “paper” schools while my boss did an observation at a high school. “Papering” is the term used when I go drop off promotional materials at schools for teachers and counselors to receive. Well, the storm was pretty big in our area, but didn’t really touch Leavenworth/Wenatchee, so off we went at 6:30 am. It was early (way, waaaaayyyyyy too early), but we survived. I have an awesome colleague who also went and showed me the ropes of what she does when papering schools because I don’t have a lot to leave just yet. Bonus: the return trip was beautiful! Sun came out a little bit and the trees were covered in snow :)
This is Blewett Pass as we were coming home on Monday. So pretty!
Have I mentioned I’m going to DC? Well, I am. I’m driving to a friend’s house today and her family has graciously agreed to drive me to the airport (again, way, waaaaayyyyyy too early!) for my flight tomorrow morning. When I make it across the country, Uncle Keith is going to pick me up so I can see them for a little bit and then I get to hang out with Kassey! Kassey was my roommate when I was an intern before, and I think it’s safe to say that we’re both a little excited about seeing each other again. We are helping facilitate a leadership conference called Citizenship Washington Focus: Presidential Inauguration. There are 500 youth and adults coming from across the country to participate in the conference, culminating in watching the Inauguration. Best part is that we were able to get seats for the Inauguration!! So excited!
While I’m in DC I’ll be taking lots of pictures, but my laptop isn’t making the trip so I won’t be able to share anything until I get back…..SO look for lots of pictures and a trip report sometime toward the end of the month :) Wish me luck traveling over the pass, they’re closing it this morning for some work and I hope it doesn’t throw things out of whack for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment