Friday, March 11, 2016

'Frozen' on a Friday Night...

     I'm watching 'Frozen' instead of working on something productive, hence the post title. But, making a blog post is on my To Do list, so really I am being productive....right? Yep, that's what I thought too. It started raining (again) this morning and hasn't really stopped. It got lighter and became a sprinkle for a while, but now it's starting to pick back up. I can hear it pounding on the carport roof outside.
     I did my last update in a hurry, and realized just the other day that I didn't put being home for Dad's birthday in there. It was the first time we'd all been home for his birthday in twelve years....yep, twelve years we haven't all been in the same place at the same time. In fact, four years ago he and Mom drove me to catch my flight to DC. He must really love me or something ;) We went out to dinner and had fun watching Dad pay the waitress not to sing to him, it was funny!
   I'm trying to remember what's happened in just the last couple of weeks....lots of school work. Lots and LOTS of school work. I'm finally caught up a little though, and should be able to do some more catching up next week because one school is on spring break until Thursday and the other has a two week unit with just one group project assignment and no discussion! I was talking with someone today and realized that come May, it will be just my second summer since I began college in the fall of 2008 that I won't have classes. I am so excited to read books that I want to read, not that I have to read! And not write any papers....well, okay, I'm going to have to do some researching and writing for my capstone project. Otherwise, don't plan on talking to me come next January, February and March because I'll be incredibly busy...
     The report I got yesterday is that there are 52(+) calves at home, with more to come. Polly, Polly Jr and Ruby have all calved out but I haven't seen any of them yet and Dad has failed once again to send me pictures today (he was suppose to send them a couple days ago, ha!). Apparently the boys are already talking about which heifers to keep, and Ruby finally had one so the old guy is being emotional and wants to keep hers. That's why we even have Polly and Polly Jr too mind you....
     Meanwhile, back in Vancouver it's been alternating between wet and rainy and then cold sunshine. I remembered to take a few pictures yesterday :)






Next Tuesday is National Agriculture Day, so be prepared for a post all about ag next weekend :)

*Side note: I'm going to hurt the upstairs neighbor...he needs to turn down the amp on his guitar or something, I mean really....

No comments:

Post a Comment