KYG CF training (that's 4-H Know Your Government Conference Facilitator training for anyone unfamiliar with my acronyms...) -- we had a great weekend filled with planning this year's KYG conference. The team of 8 girls plus the Collegiates worked hard to make sure things would go smoothly.
KYG Conference -- And they did! There were seldom things that went wrong (at least that are worth mentioning), I mean, short of the usual technology issues and whatnot, we had few problems. The Sparrow and community service project were a big hit again, as I hope they will be each year.
Community service
All 21 candidates
Crazy CFs and Collegiates
I got to visit home! -- After KYG I went home to Ellensburg (mostly) to get my baby animal fix. It didn't take long....within hours (okay, minutes) I was outside to see the goats with my camera, and they were quite playful. There are a few who are especially so. The next day I made Ethan come back to the house and get me before he camped out in the calving pasture (I didn't realize that's what he was doing, I thought he was just checking on someone).....two hours later we'd run not one but two cows in and pulled their calves. It was fun to be back home and get some excitement in there too :)
Polly had her baby this morning! 2/28/16 - a good sized one they had to pull!
Look carefully and you can see his entire wingspan...
School -- It's back to the grind with six credits...BUT, I only have four classes (that's two semesters-fall 2016 and spring 2017!) until I'm finished!!!!!! Then I'll be done, done, done! No plans for a doctorate any time soon. I don't really need one to work in 4-H, and it's a crap ton of work that I'm not sure I want to tackle.



No comments:
Post a Comment