This March hasn't really "come in like a lion," in fact quite the opposite. It's been incredibly warm with lots of sunshine. Yesterday it got over 60! Hopefully this keeps up as we prepare for the "Farm to Fork Kickoff" in a couple of weeks. It's an awful thing to say as Dad is at home worrying about how much rain they haven't gotten, and as the lawn at the apartments gets mowed for the third time since January....BUT, it is nice not freezing when I'm outside.
School is going well. Over halfway finished with my spring class, and preparing to sign up for both summer and fall classes. I'm going to attempt to take two classes in the fall (six ugly credits) and hopefully things go well enough that I can continue taking six credits a semester, and I'll be done spring of 2017 :) It seems so far away when I write it down, but when I think about how quickly that time will pass, I'll graduate from grad school in no time!
So, I've been driving *legally* for almost nine years now, and moving to the fast paced city has made me realize a few things, and I wish people would pay more attention when they're behind the wheel!!
1) People shouldn't drive over 5 mph in a parking lot. I almost got t-boned twice a couple weeks ago as people were speeding through the lot. Thankfully both times I was paying attention and stopped pulling out of the parking spot.
2) Around here almost everything has two lanes....therefore, if you're going to choose to drive in the left-hand lane, make sure you're going at least the speed limit (and sometimes faster!)
3) I've seen more sheriff vehicles in the last week than I have the entire seven months I've been here...
4) There was something else and now I've forgotten.
I got to go home last weekend!! The second thing I did was hug the bottle baby goat, Curly Mae :) And then after visiting a little bit, I made Dad and Ethan give me a real baby animal tour! Here's a few pictures:
Scratch my tummy! This is Sammy.
Ol' man Stubby.
Stubby literally fought about five cows to move out of the way so that none of them were super close to his area of the "table."
Cash and Sammy
Brand new baby! He got up super quick.



No comments:
Post a Comment