Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Country mouse in the city....

     I have always prided myself on being a country girl...well, being country has served me well for many things, but one of those strengths is not surviving in the city or at least among some of the natives. These are just some observations, and I'm sure the list will continue to grow....

1. The light turns green, but I'm not moving as the third car in line for about three minutes...weird?
2. I'm going 3-5 mph over the speed limit, but people still feel I'm going too slow.
3. People will always forget to signal if they're turning...
4. I. Don't. Like. This. Much. Rain. The. End.
5. I like having "Daddy 911!" handy. Right now my apartment stinks because of the disposal that I don't really use, but apparently run too much water down? I have no idea...
6. Four lane roads, everywhere. And two turn lanes? Ha, yeah.
7. People who use the turn lane in the middle of the road as a holding place because there's too much traffic for them to make a clean turn into ongoing traffic.....really?? It's a TURN lane! Not to be used for traveling in, or a holding place, but to TURN!
8. I hear more sirens than trucks blasting country music.
9. The stoplights.....so messed up!

1 comment: