Friday, December 20, 2013

Much needed break....is finally here!

Written Sunday, December 15th
     My kids did well on Monday for my sub which is good for them, but it was also a good day for me because the doctor gave me the okay to not go back for six whole months!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just a little bit excited :) I'm still taking the medication, but if things continue going as well as they are, then we might be able to taper the amount of medicine down in June when I go back. My numbers were down a LOT, so that's the majority of the good news. When I started in August, my pressure numbers were in the 130s and 150s, now they're both in the "green zone," which is between 100 and 120ish. The best part about Monday was making it back to Prosser in time to go to the basketball game, which on Tuesday the kids said, "you weren't at school yesterday." "Correct." "But you were at the game? How come?" "'Cause I got back just in time for the game, but had to miss school." "Oh, but...." Kids these days!
     The highlights of my week would have to be going to the local play here in Prosser, and hanging out with some friends from school last night.

Written, Friday, December 20th
     Well, as you can see I had so much fun I only wrote one sentence about our "Favorite Things" party. It's the perfect way to do a little gift exchange! You bring three of your favorite things, and then you leave with three of other people's favorite things....fantastic! We all had fun :)
     The rest of this week was fairly uneventful -- scratch that -- eventful! Monday I just tried to catch up on things at school and get a little bit ahead for subs Tuesday and today. Then Tuesday after my day of training I drove to Pasco to pick Ethan up! We then made the trip to Yakima to meet Mom, Dad, Uncle Steve, Steffi and Emily for dinner at Red Lobster, yummy!! I had to run a couple of errands, and then made it home in time for some late night crafting. Wednesday while my students were taking their tests I put teacher gifts together, and then after school went to the basketball game and took some pictures. Thursday I finished making sub plans, took some pictures and then drove home. This morning Mom and I drove bright and early to Yakima so I could have the second part of my implant process done. I knew ahead of time they were going to add some more bone to the roof of my mouth where the final tooth will go, but what I didn't realize until I was in the recovery room was that they decided to do some more in the front as well. So, I think my recovery may take a little longer than I had planned, but I'll still be able to eat Christmas dinner :) When I asked them about the recovery in October they said most people complain about the bone grafting than the implant. Funny thing is that the grafting was a cinch in July, so I'm crossing fingers this won't be bad either....
     Tomorrow we're getting Christmas trees!! It's really late this year, usually we're up there the first weekend of December! With two hooligans at school this year, we had to wait until they were back, because two cousins is just not as good as four. What the rest of the day/weekend brings, I'm not entirely sure. I do know that Mom has gathered all the presents upstairs for me to wrap, so I'll be working on that at some point between now and Monday. I need to run to town too because I left part of a crafting present in Prosser...oops!
     Until next weekend, which will be the last post for 2013, and the hundredth post of my blog, have a Merry Christmas, and enjoy some family time :)


In case you don't receive our card, here's the 12 Months of Foothills Farm for ya...


The 12 Months of Foothills Farm
(Must be sung out loud to the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas for full effect!)
One burning backhoe,
Two busy parents,
Three high-energy cow dogs,
Four new tires for the new backhoe,
Five calves a-dying,
Six inches of rain during haying,
Seven quarts of bourbon,
Eight hundred tons of rained on hay,
Nine mama goats kidded,
Ten elk eating our crops,
Eleven flat tires, and
Twelve hour (long) workdays.


Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment