Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

     It's been a few busy weeks at my house(s), as I last left you on the 19th with my list of thankful items....that is when I still had a week til Thanksgiving break and four days to pick up Ethan and Katie. Now it is Thanksgiving, we're all stuffed full of amazing food, tired to the max but Ethan and Katie are sitting on the couch with Mom and Dad in their respective chairs while we're watching The Santa Clause to continue one of my favorite traditions of the holidays.
     Since I've last written a few things have happened: Ethan and I both have iPhones (amazing!) and I'm so glad Mom had the patience to work through that process with me. What else has happened? Ummm, I stayed in Prosser last Friday to pick up Ethan and Katie on Saturday. I just hung out at my apartment working on things, mostly watching Hallmark movies and doing some school stuff. Thennnnn I made the trip to the Pasco Airport Saturday morning to pick up Ethan and Katie!!!!!! I was a couple minutes late, but when I finally did find them we almost blocked the doors out of the airport because I was so excited and couldn't wait to give hugs. It was a necessity! After not seeing them for almost three months, I was long overdue for some hugs. We slowly made our way back to Eburg, after a stop at the phone store to get Ethan's phone hooked up, and then a stop for lunch and finally we made it home in time for Ethan to help with chores, and have dinner and chat with Mom and Dad.
     Sunday was relax and hangout time for us girls while the boys went shooting. Mom and I went to our first KYG meeting that afternoon where we had a great turnout, and then followed it by an awesome gathering of family and friends for dinner. It was definitely one of my favorite Sundays in a while. School followed for 2 and a half days, and then yesterday I went to Ann and Steve's in the afternoon and took some family pictures for them, followed by dinner and visiting with them and Ann's sister's family. We had lots of fun visiting and making some of the food for today.
     Today we had a yummy breakfast, then got ready to head to the warehouse to make apple cider. It's become quite the tradition, whether people are staying to eat with us or enjoy the big T-Day meal with their family. I left just as things were really getting started to take family pictures for some friends. They have the cutest little boy who is almost 2 and of course didn't want anything to do with my camera unlike in August when he was all over my camera. We still managed to have fun and get some good shots though! Then I headed back to the house for some hors d'oeuvres and some family pictures for Auntie Barb and her family. And then! We had the fooooodddddd, there was so much and it was all so yummy!


Continued Sunday...
     Friday us girls went Black Friday shopping in Ellensburg where we hit "the big three" stores, which is our usual run. We had lunch with Grandma Joy and Aunt Robin, and then Katie and I walked around downtown a little, and even saw the live reindeer!! It was pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Then we zoomed home, gathered clothes for the cold weather, and headed back to town with Ethan, all in time to catch the 3 pm showing of Catching Fire. We made it with time to spare, visited family afterwards, and then made our way to get ready for Streets of Bethlehem. Streets is where an alley is transformed into a live storybook, telling the story of Mary and Joseph's trip to Bethlehem. I had to play Mary who sat on a donkey all night long many years ago, and once was more than enough for me. Since then I've played an angel, singing with a group of girls. We decided that the organizers must really like us because they always put the four of us together, usually with one or two others thrown in. This year we sang the furthest in the story we've ever sang, as we're generally in the middle somewhere singing "Angels We Have Heard on High" or "O Little Town of Bethlehem," but this year we sang "Away in a Manger." Ethan, as always, stood guard at the beginning of the alley with some friends. After everything was over and cleaned up about 15 of us gathered at Perkins for food and dessert. It's always a favorite time :)
     Saturday morning we did our chores, packed up, and headed for the airport to drop Ethan and Katie to fly back to Casper. It was a sad day for this girl, because even with as little time as I spent with them, every time they leave it makes me miss them more! This time especially with Katie, as we spent quite a bit of time together and talked about lots of things that generally sisters or close friends would discuss, and at Perkins she even called me her "sister-in-law." Don't get ahead of yourselves, their relationship has a ways to go, and a storm to weather, but I have a feeling if they truly want it, they'll make it all work out.
      Today has been incredibly lazy for me, and I'm about to take a nap before eating dinner in preparation for an ABC/Hallmark movie that's on tonight, but doesn't start until 9!! I'm yawning already, so figure a nap will be okay. Then it's back to work to cross some things off my list...


Pictures from this week:



Someone was in trouble...f



By far my fav, since Eli wouldn't sit on the stump and hold still!








They're just so stinkin' cute!

Streets of Bethlehem angels group

No comments:

Post a Comment