I stayed in Prosser this weekend to try and catch up on life.....pick up and organize in my apartment, finish a tri-fold, start preparing to be on the road every weekend for over the next month, and maybe relax for a few minutes. Ugh, I feel like I'll never get caught up!
I spent yesterday working on a Sparrow tri-fold to take with me to Forum, as well as other events should we decide we need it. I had an idea, but my title ended up being too big to go on the board and fit all the info I wanted to put on it. Thank goodness for having an awesome friend, Michelle, with new ideas, and so for the first time in my poster-creating career, I'm putting my title above the board. I realize people do this often and it isn't uncommon, it's just something I've never done. The other thing I'm excited about for this particular board is the flyer holder that will have Sparrow vouchers available for people to take and share. I even made a divider dealio to identify and separate the two kids' vouchers. They're bright pink so I don't think people will miss them at all. And I'm not sure what it is about the color combo of purple and lime green, but it definitely works!
After I figured out all of the pieces to my board (I did this at school so I could laminate some things), I logically took all the pieces off and packed up to glue it at home. Then I headed out to a spot Michelle recommended to take some pictures....as the year 2013 grows shorter I have realized I haven't had my camera out as much as usual, and I still have my annual calendar to make! So, I went out and took some scenery shots from the 'view point,' then ended up traveling down some back roads that took me along the river for a ways and then turned me toward the highway that goes to Mabton. I turned around and headed for home at that point so I could make tater tot casserole and be able to eat it at a decent time. While it was baking I worked on my tri-fold, and by the end of the night it was as finished as it can be at this point!
Today though, well, I had every intention last night to accomplish some things around my apartment....now I'm not so sure it'll all happen, but I still have a good eight hours or so to accomplish things, so I'm gonna have to start crackin'! Here's to cleaning up and organizing!!

No comments:
Post a Comment