Friday, August 2, 2013

Not August!

I refuse to let it be August just yet! August means school starting again, and fair, and in between a wedding, photo gigs, doctors appointments and setting up my classroom.....this whole new room deal is pretty cool, minus having to set up all over again.

I went to school today hoping to get some things figured out and set up, but any plans were put to a halt when the janitor said that he has yet to shampoo the carpet...boo! But instead I got some laminating done, and then spent the afternoon working in my apartment (which includes the nap I took). I managed to even get pictures on the walls! I figure if I'm going to be here until next May I could actually settle in.

In the morning I'm organizing myself to take pictures at a friend's parent's 25th wedding anniversary gathering. I pulled an old window out of an apple bin from Grandma Joy's collection and painted one side of the glass with chalkboard paint and had my dad fix up the frame a little bit so it'll hold up. Then I found some smaller square white frames that I spray painted with turquoise paint onto the frame, and the glass also became chalkboard. I'm excited to see how these work with tomorrow's event.

No comments:

Post a Comment