I have yet to end the school day with the urge to cry, but have definitely had the urge to throw something against the wall. I guess I've been spoiled in hanging out with 4-H kids as much as I have, because I keep thinking that these kids at school should be more respectful and eager to participate in activities...then I have to step back and remind myself that I'm not working with CFs, Conference delegates or even my very own county kids. It's just so weird to be at a school where only a few of the kids have heard of 4-H, let alone know what it is or might be in it, versus half of the students. Definitely going to require an adjustment period. This week has been much better, especially after the math coach came in to observe me a couple of times and helped make some changes in how my desks are set up. When I first began arranging this summer I tried to do groups of four, but it just wouldn't work, so she suggested groups of three, and it works! The room is crowded, and walk ways not ideal, but it works! Kids in my worst class are doing better now, and in fact, they are the only class today who ALL turned in their notebooks and a few of them even had all eleven vocab words in their dictionaries. Tomorrow comes the carrot: if they continue to improve behavior and not get any X's (part of the school's system for if students can participate in sports, extra-curricular stuff like dances, etc), then they can get candy from the candy bucket :)
In other news, I took some more senior pictures last Friday, and ended up with some pretty cool shots. Doing some more of Amber tomorrow night as long as she responds to confirm....such a silly girl, but I love her and love taking her pictures. Doing a second session with each of the other three I've done thus far, and maybe going to get Tyra in front of the camera too, although who knows if that will happen...Going home again this weekend, mostly to hang out, but also to go to a family friend's wedding, and then a 4-H leader's meeting on Sunday.
Here's a few favorites of Amber:
And a few fall ones....
This is in Thorp
And these are tonight in Prosser....









No comments:
Post a Comment