Somehow in working over 100 hours with my groups the last two weeks I caught some sort of head cold bug. Yes, I was taking Airborne, apparently not enough of those chewable things though. So I spent all weekend in bed basically, especially Sunday when it hit me the hardest. I kinda made it worse though I think by "singing in the rain" on Saturday night....I may or may not have been on cold meds already, and then I went out in the drizzle, it wasn't pouring like it was on Sunday all day. Sunday I just went out for two minutes at a time, long enough to make it to the Cafe and back to the house, then crashed in my bed watching movies, sleeping and working on job apps....Yesterday I went to work until early afternoon and then called it a day. With all of the extra nightviews we're doing in the next couple of weeks I think I can make early afternoons work and still have enough hours. Crossing fingers at any rate because it may have to be an early afternoon again today in order to get cold meds, kleenexes and sleep!
Job apps: I now have 15 floating around out there! The last one I still have to finish completely but need a letter of reference from my boss here at WOW first, so I asked for that by the end of the week. Ultimately if I had my choice this one would be at the top because it's in Clarkston, which realistically isn't too far from home and it's super close to 4-H family! :) Friends there have already said that they would welcome help with their club, so I wouldn't be too out of my element if I wouldn't be able to come home for stuff.
Here's the list of them:
1. Ephrata: no positions
2. Mansfield: no positions
3. Sunnyside: no positions
4. Othello: 2nd and 5th grade positions
5. Wahluke: 2nd grade and Jr. High Math positions
6. Quillayute Valley: Middle Level Math position
7. Richland: Elementary positions, they don't specify, it's just a pool we all get thrown into
8. Steilacoom: no positions
9. Wenatchee: 4th/5th grade, 6th grade Math/Health positions
10. Wilson Creek: 6-12 Math position
11. Eastmont: no positions
12. Royal: no positions
13. White Salmon: 5th grade (Middle school level) positions
14. Puyallup: 2nd/5th grade, Middle Math/Reading positions
15. Clarkston: 7/8 Math positions
One of our house mates signed for an internship yesterday, so a few of us are hoping that some of his lucky vibes will spread to us for jobs in the fall. At any rate, no matter what happens, I'm signed up for school in the summer and going to be doing something with my life until I find out about a job. Until then, I'm tired of filling out job apps!
Hey girl, hope you feel better soon! Regarding the job, you are doing what you can and you have to leave to rest. You'll get the job you were meant for!! Melissa and Kai!
ReplyDeleteAwwww!! Thanks!! You two totally just made my day :)
ReplyDelete