Well, I started a post in April and didn't finish it....my bad! Here's an update on life since March because that's apparently the last time I wrote an entry (whoops!).
March brought with it some big deadlines for me. Mostly it brought my capstone presentation date. I hadn't worked on it a whole lot because I'm better with check in with a product deadlines than update deadlines -- I had the latter. BUT, everything went well and I passed my capstone! At that point all I had left to do was finish my other class about research (which should have been one of the first couple I took!). By May 4th I was completely done! I just got word today that my degree application was approved :)
April brought some fun and adventures. The first weekend I spent with 4-Hers at a Teen Summit where they learned some leadership skills. From there I traveled around the southwest corner of Washington, essentially giving myself a mini-spring break. I got to see some of my Vancouver friends and went bowling with the 4-H kids there. As brief as it was, it was a good visit. Then on my way home I stopped in Stevenson to say hi to everyone in the office there. The girl they hired to replace me was a 4-H member a few years younger than me, so we actually know each other. It was so fun to visit with everyone!
Then we had branding the next week. It's always a big to-do for us, and even more so with more cows and calves to process now than in previous years. Mom prepared food all week long and Dad and I got to taste test everything - yum! My favorite is always the macaroni salad and chocolate chip cookies.
The close of April brought May without hearing a confirmation from the specialist doctor's office for my appointment. When I called, I found out my appointment had been canceled -- in February! I was not a happy camper. Turns out the specialist didn't think she needed to see me and referred me to a neuro-opthamologist but no one bothered to tell me. I already see a neuro-op for my pseudo tumor, so I made a big stink with my doctor's office here about that.....long story short, I now have a NEW appointment for June that I didn't have to argue with someone about getting in before five months from now, so I'll take it.
Otherwise we've had lots of rain and it's just now in the last couple of days started to warm up. Things should be getting into the high 80s later this week. Of course it'll be 85 with 30% humidity here while I'm in Austin where it'll be 90 with 70% humidity....not looking forward to it!
Speaking of Austin....I'm going to a UTeach conference for work. UTeach is the national program we're partnering with to facilitate the new STEM Teaching Program (STP) minor at Central. Did I mention the program is now official?? IT'S OFFICIAL! So much so that here's our new webpage: www.cwu.edu/teachstem. I put everything together, so if you find a typo please please please let me know! I'm so excited to finally get to share without having to be under the radar. Students are asking when they can register which of course takes someone else to set up and that won't happen until this next week at the earliest. In the meantime we're attempting to hire a master teacher (they work with our students in the field) and organize meetings with UTeach representatives and a big kick-off celebration while UTeach is at Central in a couple of weeks. The timing was perfect though -- STP was approved the day before I finished my classes :)
No comments:
Post a Comment