I’m sitting at work waiting for some inspiration on a few projects…..I have just a few little things to be working on in the next couple of weeks, but I can’t really do any big projects until everything (program name, curriculum, all that good stuff) has been approved by the deans and provosts and whoever else it has to be approved by. So until then I’m waiting for my grades to come in (one has, one is still nonexistent), tinkering with several projects (there’s six tabs open for my Google Drive, not normal for me…), and contemplating creating yet another ‘to do’ list (they’re my favorite kind, ya know!).
Anyways, I was stretching and looking out over the Science Building lawn and realized just how blessed I truly am. I mean, five years ago when I graduated college if you had asked me where I would be in five years I never, repeat, never, would have told you I’d return to work at Central! I would have imagined myself finally settling into a routine in a classroom, probably elementary and not middle school math (because who wants to deal with those stinkers?!?). Instead I’m working in a brand new building (unfortunately it sits on top of what was the best parking lot -- have I mentioned that already?), and have great views of campus. I’m doing something that I’m passionate about in working with young adults figure out where they want to go in life, and I still get to have a foot in the teaching world.
It’s taken me five years and some AMAZING adventures and friends that I wouldn’t trade, but it’s time to be home. I love being able to look out the windows of the “3rd Floor Suite,” if you will, that my office sits in to see mountains and snow in every direction. I love knowing that today I’m going to need every extra layer possible to stay warm when I’m outside, but that next week I’ll be sweating buckets with all those layers because Mother Nature is so temperamental. I love knowing that tonight Dad will want me to go spying for large wildlife (who are ruining the fields and crops) in the hopes that he can catch some of them in the act. Then, when he doesn’t, he’ll make sure we go skunk hunting to try and redeem his miss from last week. *Side note: we didn't have to do this tonight....it definitely happened last night, and I'm sure will happen in the future....

No comments:
Post a Comment