Monday, July 11, 2016

6 Weeks Down!

     My first six weeks in Skamania are over! I love the people I work with. I love the space I work in. I know I'll love the leaders here as much as in Clark. And, I'm loving the three day weekends :) Things are going really well here. I'm just trying to wade through things, slowly but surely. There was a fair board meeting a few weeks ago and they wanted an update...."ummm, I'm wading through paperwork. Everything is good!" The biggest thing is learning how things operate here, what the expectations of me come fair time are, etc. There hasn't been a coordinator here for some time, so now the race is on to get caught up. We'll get there, one day at a time!
     Other things in life are great. I'm loving not having classes -- it's the second time in the last eight years. I'm reading lots, enjoying lots of movies because I'm going without internet for at least a little while (it's gonna have to happen, I'm just trying to get a handle on my expenses and whatnot). I am going to have to think about my final project though, and do a smidgen of research this summer to get a jump start on things. My capstone class will be next spring, but I only have about two months to complete it before I have to do a presentation or something. I'm not even entirely sure because it's not outlined anywhere!! Drives me insane...
     I saw the eye specialist the other day. Things are good, I just keep taking my medicine. They are checking a couple of other things though, because my eyes protrude. We watched them about seven years ago for movement, and my regular doctor used a new tool to measure this time, so the numbers were different (I saw her the other day too!). She asked the specialist to double check and he was a little concerned. Haven't heard anything back, so I don't think it's anything to worry about. So crazy this doctor stuff.
     Otherwise, I'm just living life. Taking my time unpacking (hey, no visitors means I don't have to have a tidy house). Taking a few pictures now and then, mostly on my phone around the property at work. I'm determined to get to Beacon Rock before the summer is over though because it's only twenty minutes away. Let's do a photo update though, it's much more interesting that way....

 On my last day of work in Clark we went out to dinner. This is our group picture!

One of my awesome friends made me strawberry cupcakes for my birthday!

Part of the drive from Vancouver to Stevenson. I don't do it every day, thank goodness, but I couldn't resist taking this picture of Cape Horn. 

One view on the property at work. 

Another view on the property at work.

Bridget and I had a girls day at the Oregon Lavender Farm in late June. This is one of Bridget's pictures of our lavender lemonade (it's better than it sounds!). 






I was invited to spend 4th of July at a friend's house in Vancouver. It was fun to see a lot of fireworks go off in one spot! Reminded me of the gatherings we used to have. 

And, we celebrated Bri and Josh's big day!






No comments:

Post a Comment